- 10 large garlic scapes, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Puree the garlic scapes, pistachios, Parmesan, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a food processor until very finely chopped. With the motor running, slowly pour the oil through the opening. (Pesto keeps in the fridge, covered, for one week or frozen for one month.)
In a large pot of heavily salted boiling water, cook pasta until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta-cooking water, then drain. Whisk together 2/3 cup of the pesto and the reserved pasta water and toss with the pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve right away.