Opening Day Announcements
We have a great lineup this season with many returning farmers and artisans and many new vendors as well.
We wanted to have more ready-to-eat options available for you.
Heres whats new in the spotlight:
- Chariot Wood Fired Pizza – Neapolitan style pizza committed to locally sourced ingredients.
- Donde Thiago – Columbian arepas stuffed split corn flatbreads. (Pictures below the fold)
- FiddleStix Trolley – Seasonal Gourmet Grub on a Stick
- Lara’s Cuisine – Pesto, cooking spreads and jams, and prepared Italian foods.
- Lido Juice Bar – Fresh fruit and veg smoothies.
- Plymouth Gluten Free Baked Goods – Bread, rolls, cookies, muffins, cakes – all gluten free.
- BOJ Farms – Veggies, duck eggs and maple products.
- Nantucket Mushrooms – Fresh and dried edible and medicinal mushrooms.
- River Rock Farm – Pasture Raised – Dry aged beef
Take look at the complete list of vendors and their schedules.
2014 Friend of the Market Cards are Available Now!
That’s all it takes to become a 2014 Friend of the Plymouth Farmers’ Market. For the next 12 months, use your Friend Card and receive weekly discounts from each vendor at the market plus seasonal promotions at select mission-aligned businesses. Your Friend Card shows you support your local food economy and the important SNAP and education programs that are offered year round at the market. Check out these Summer benefits (good now through August) when you show your 2014 Friend Card!
Friend Cards can be purchased online or at the Market Information Tent on any Thursday at the Plymouth Farmers’ Market.
Opening Day Program
Culinary Insights | Brown Boar Farm | 4:00
For the 2014 Opening Day market, our friends at Brown Boar will be preparing pulled pork sandwiches made from their humanely raised 2-day smoked pig, along with delicious side dishes!
Peter Burrows is the owner of Brown Boar Farm, a family farm committed to raising heritage breed pigs in a humane and environmentally friendly way.
Community Partner | Healthy Plymouth | 4:00
Healthy Plymouth was established in 2011 by Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital, the Town of Plymouth and the Plymouth Public Schools to focus on how to reduce obesity, improve nutrition, and promote active living in Plymouth. Please visit them at the Community Partner Table and test your nutrient knowledge about a few popular seasonal vegetables! Prizes will be available for correct answers!
Music | Angry Pete | 2:30-6:30
Market Sponsor | Vivint Solar | 2:30-6:30
Vivint makes it easy to go solar with no up front costs. In addition to going green, you’ll also be saving money on your power bill every month.
Call to see if your home qualifies for solar 801.209.4210
Harvest and Cooks Notes
See the complete list of 2014 Market Vendors’